Cost per serving $6.62 view details
- 1Â 1/2 lb boned chicken breasts
- Â Â (3 to 4 cutlets)
- 1/2 c. water
- Â Â A good splash of white wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Â Â Freshly-grnd white pepper to taste
- 2 slc sweet onion, 1/2" thick
- 4 c. cooked cubed chicken breasts from above
- 1 c. finely-chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp. finely-chopped fresh sweet onion
- 2 Tbsp. fresh tarragon
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. lowfat sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Madras curry pwdr
- 2 c. red and/or possibly green seedless grapes
- 3/4 c. toasted minced pecans
- Place the chicken in a 2-, 5- or possibly 7-qt pressure cooker. Add in the water and generous splash of wine. If eliminating the wine, add in extra water. Salt and pepper the surface. Place the onion rings over the top of the chicken breasts.
- Lock the lid in place and bring to high pressure and cook for 6 min if the breasts weigh in at 8 ounces each. (If using small breasts, reduce the time by 1 minute.)
- Throw away the onions from the top of the chicken. Remove the chicken to a plate and loosely cover to prevent drying out. The stock in the pot should be strained and saved for another use. When cold sufficient to handle, cube the chicken into 1/2-inch pcs or possibly smaller. Place in a bowl and refrigeratebefore adding the dressing.
- The Finished Salad: Combine the chicken, celery, onion and tarragon in a large bowl. Generously season the mix. Whisk the mayonnaise, lowfat sour cream, lemon juice and curry pwdr. Blend well. Combine just sufficient dressing to moisten the chicken mix. Mix in well. Add in the grapes and gently blend in. Top the salad with pecans if plate serving or possibly fold them in if using as a sandwich filling.
- This recipe yields 3 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 806g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1013||68%|
|Total Fat 114.37g||143%|
|Saturated Fat 21.98g||88%|
|Trans Fat 0.52g|
|Total Carbs 19.02g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|