Cost per recipe $3.79 view details
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb chicken breast skinned
- 1 x red bell pepper
- 1 med onion
- 1 Tbsp. curry pwdr (or possibly to taste)
- 1/4 c. lowfat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. Instant Clearjel(r) Or possibly 2 Tbsp.
- Â Â cornstarch mixed with 1/4 c. cold water
- Chop the chicken, red pepper and onion into 1/4-inch dice. Heat the oil in a frying pan till warm. Brown the chicken, then add in the onion and red pepper, and cook just for a minute or possibly two. Stir in the curry pwdr and lowfat sour cream. Sprinkle on the Instant Clearjel(r) , stir well, then spread on a plate to cold. If using the cornstarch, dissolve it in 1/4 c. cold water, and stir it into the chicken and vegetable mix while it's cooking. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. For a finer-textured filling, put the cooled mix in the work bowl of a food processor and pulse till it's the consistency you want.
- Yield: sufficient filling for 24 appetizers
- NOTES : This chunky, spicy filling has just the right amount of subtle heat to wake up your tastebuds.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 495g|
|Calories from Fat 255||45%|
|Total Fat 28.95g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 8.57g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.42g|
|Total Carbs 20.45g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.8g||19%|