Cost per serving $2.70 view details
- 3Â 1/2 lb Chicken cut into 10 pcs
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. Minced onion
- 1/2 c. Minced celery
- 2 tsp Garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp. Curry pwdr
- 1 x Bay leaf
- 1 c. Apple cubed
- 1/2 c. Banana diced
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1Â 1/2 c. Chicken broth fresh or possibly canned
- 1/2 c. Yogurt liquid removed thru a sieve
- 4 tsp Fresh coriander minced
- Â Â Black pepper, freshly grnd to taste
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Sprinkle the chicken pcs with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet and add in the chicken pcs, skin side down. Cook till golden brown on one side, about 5 min. Brown the other side. Drain the fat.
- Add in the onions, celery, garlic, and curry pwdr. Cook briefly, stirring, till the onions are wilted. Add in the bay leaf, apple, and banana. Cook for 5 min, stirring. Add in the tomato paste and chicken broth, stir to blend, cover and simmer for 15 min or possibly till chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken pcs, place the sauce in the container of a food processor and blend to a coarse texture. Reheat, add in the yogurt, and blend well. Add in the chicken pcs. Bring to a simmer and serve warm, garnished with coriander.
- Comments: Curried dishes are great favorites in the West Indies and certainly on St. Thomas, where the best cooks have been preparing food in the West Indian tradition all their lives.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 479g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 414||59%|
|Total Fat 46.11g||58%|
|Saturated Fat 12.92g||52%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.54g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|