Cost per serving $1.23 view details
- 1 pch Cumin seeds
- 1 med Onion
- 2 x Cloves garlic
- 1 can (14 ounce) of tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Dry grnd coriander
- 1 tsp Dry grnd turmeric
- Â Â Powdered vegan stock pwdr or possibly salt to taste
- 1 can (14 ounce) of chick peas
- 4 ounce Curly kale
- Â Â Grnd black pepper to taste
- Today I found this recipe at Vegan Times. I omitted the oil. I can't try it, as in Suriname kale is not sold. Perhaps you can make it with black eye peas instead of chick peas
- Peel and chop the onion. Crush the garlic. Remove any overly thick stems from the kale and then chop the leaves. Drain and rinse the chick peas
- Place a wok or possibly large pan over a medium heat. Add in the cumin seeds and once they begin to sizzle, spoon in some water and peas liquid. Add in the onion.
- Stir fry for a couple of min.
- Add in the garlic and cook for a further minute, being careful which it doesn't burn. Add in the tomatoes &emdash; chop them in the pan with a large spoon.
- Then add in all the remaining ingredients except the grnd black pepper
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5-10 min till the kale has softened to your liking
- Season with plenty of freshly grnd black pepper and check for saltiness, adding any more stock pwdr needed. Serve immediately with rice or possibly chapatis
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 395g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 29||9%|
|Total Fat 3.43g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.39g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 62.43g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.1g||44%|