Cost per serving $2.72 view details
- vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 bananas, peeled & diced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered & then halved
- Â½ cup cider vinegar
- Â½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3rd cup brown sugar
- 1 tspn allspice
- 8 thin slices pork loin, well trimmed
- Panko crumbs (or packet breadcrumbs)
- Â½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- plain flour
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- olive oil
- Heat a little vegie oil in a heavy-bottomed pot and gently sautÃ© the onion until softish.
- Add the ginger, bananas and tomatoes. Stir and briefly cook.
- Then add the cider vinegar, orange juice, brown sugar and allspice. Stir and cook down until thick and fragrant.
- When the relish is almost ready, put Panko crumbs in one bowl, milk beaten with egg in another, and seasoned flour in a third bowl.
- Batten out the pork and flour all over, then dip in the egg wash and press in the crumbs on both sides.
- Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a large pan and gently fry the pork until golden all over. Drain on kitchen paper towels.
- Serve the steaks with a good dollop of the relish on the side.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 338g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 371||65%|
|Total Fat 41.11g||51%|
|Saturated Fat 14.43g||58%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.87g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|