Cost per serving $1.16 view details
- 3 x English cucumbers - (3 1/2 lbs total) peeled, sliced
- 1/2 c. cool water
- 2 Tbsp. seasoned rice wine vinegar - (to 3)
- 3 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1 x ripe California avocado peeled, pitted
- 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 ct plain yogurt - (8 ounce)
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- Â Â (or possibly 1 1/2 tspns wasabi pwdr mixed with 1/2 tspn water)
- 2 Tbsp. finely-minced fresh chives
- Â Â Freshly-grnd white pepper to taste
- 1Â 1/2 c. ice cubes
- Â Â Finely-minced fresh chives for garnish
- Puree cucumbers with water, vinegar, and 2 tsp. of the kosher salt in batches in a blender till smooth.
- Mash together avocado, lime juice, and remaining tsp. kosher salt till smooth. Whisk in yogurt, wasabi paste, chives, and pepper, to taste.
- Just before serving, blend soup with ice in batches till smooth. Serve topped with avocado cream.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: Soup (before blending with ice) and avocado cream can be made 1 day ahead and kept, separately, chilled and covered.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 186g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 24||43%|
|Total Fat 2.71g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.39g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.36g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|