Cost per serving $2.13 view details
- 4 x Chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 x Onion, minced
- 2 x Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lrg Carrot, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh sage, minced, or possibly 1 ts dry
- 1 lrg Tomato, peel, seed, chop
- 1/3 c. Chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- Â Â Fresh sage leaves
- Â Â Lemon slices
- Remove skin from chicken; debone if you like. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook chicken and healthy pinch each of salt and pepper, turning once, for 5-7 min or possibly till lightly browned. Remove to plate; cover and keep hot.
- Add in onion, garlic and carrot to pan; cook, stirring, for about 5 min or possibly till onion starts to turn golden brown. Stir in lemon rind, sage and remaining salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato and chicken stock, stirring to deglaze pan. Bring to boil.
- Reduce hat and return chicken to pan; cover and simmer for 15 min, turning chicken once. Stir in lemon juice; cook, uncovered, for 5-10 min or possibly till chicken is no longer pink inside. Serve with pan juices.
- Garnish with sage leaves and lemon slices.
- Serve with fluffy rice and lightly sauted zucchini.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 275g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 208||57%|
|Total Fat 23.27g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 5.18g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.17g|
|Total Carbs 8.4g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|