Cost per recipe $4.47 view details
- 1 c. Brown rice flour + additional for dusting loaves
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Granulated yeast
- 2 x Tesapoons sugar
- 1Â 1/2 c. Hot water (110F)
- 1 c. Corn flour
- 1/2 c. Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Xantham gum pwdr
- 1 x To 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 lrg Large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. Corn oil
- Here's a couple of off beat bread recipes I thought might interest you. This and the following recipe are wheat free breads.
- Combine 1/2 c. of the rice flour, the yeast, sugar and 1/2 c. of the hot water in a 2-c. glass measure; stir to combine, then let rest in a hot place till doubled in volume, about 10 min.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and draw two 8-inch circles on it.
- Combine remaining 1/2 c. rice flour, corn flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum pwdr and salt in a large bowl; mix to blend.
- Beat Large eggs lightly; set aside 1 Tbsp. for brushing tops of loaves. Add in remaining 1 c. hot water and the corn oil to beaten Large eggs. Using a wooden spoon, stir egg and yeast mixtures into flour and beat till smooth. Using a rubber spatula, spread soft dough into circles on marked parchment paper, heaping it up slightly in the center.
- Cover loaves lightly with greased plastic wrap and let rise till doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Beat a few drops of water into the reserved beaten egg and brush over loaves. Dust lightly with rice flour. Using a razor blade, slash tops of loaves into a large diamond grid pattern. (Use an up-and-down cutting motion rather than dragging the blade through the soft dough.)
- Bake for 20 min, till well browned.
- Makes two 8-inch diameter, 11-oz loaves.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 809g|
|Calories from Fat 266||18%|
|Total Fat 30.26g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 6.08g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 275.02g||73%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||19%|