This is so crunchy and delicious you won't believe it's not fried!
Cost per serving $0.91 view details
- 3 tbsp. buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice (can use bottled)
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon style mustard
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash white pepper
- Dash salt
- 2 chicken cutlets (1/4 pound each), pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 1/2 ounce. (1/2 c. plus 2 tbsp.) cornflake crumbs
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In small mixing bowl combine buttermilk, lime juice, mustard garlic powder, pepper and salt, stirring to combine.
- Dip chicken into buttermilk mix, coating both sides and using entire mix,
- On sheet of wax paper or a paper plate, dip chicken into cornflake crumbs, turning to coat both sides with crumbs.
- Arrange chicken on nonstick baking sheet.
- Drizzle 1/2 tsp. oil over each cutlet and bake until lightly browned, 8 to 10 min; turn chicken over, drizzle each cutlet with 1/2 teaspoon oil and continue baking until chicken is tender and coating is crisp, about 10 min longer.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 69g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 54||48%|
|Total Fat 6.07g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0.84g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 1.74g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|