This salad has an interesting Chinese flavour combined with crunchy fried noodles and nuts.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
I usually halve this recipe for 2 Adults
Instead of the noodles they suggest i use the crunchy sort you get from chinese retaurants you can get these at any health shop along with the nuts I also slightly break them up
- Â½ -1 Chinese Cabbage, or Â¼ savoy cabbage (shredded finely)
- 6 Green Onion (chopped 5mm length)
- 100g Lightly roasted slivered Almonds or Pinenuts
- 1 pkt Changâs Fried Noodles 100g (Original or Onion Flavoured)
- Â¼ cup White Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Castor Sugar
- 1 tblsp Changâs Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Changâs sesame oil (Optional)
- Â½ cup Olive Oil
- Mix all the ingredients of the Dressing in a bowl. Stir well until sugar is dissolved. Combine the Cabbage, chopped Green Onions and almonds in a salad bowl. Add dressing and mix well. Just before serving add the noodles and toss thoroughly.
- To make a delicious meal add 300g shredded BBQ Chicken or BBQ Pork.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 41g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 140||83%|
|Total Fat 16.0g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 2.06g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.71g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|