This recipe is from the Kraft Foods web site. I make batches of this for holiday gifts. They're quite addictive and deceptively easy.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cost per serving $0.40 view details
- 35 saltine crackers
- 1/2 c (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/2 c firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 package (8 squares) Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 c chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place crackers in a single layer on a foil-lined 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- Heat butter and sugar in a saucepan on medium-high heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is well-blended.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil three minutes WITHOUT STIRRING!
- Spread over crackers.
- Bake 7 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle with chopped chocolate.
- Let stand five minutes.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly over the covered crackers.
- Sprinkle the crackers with walnuts.
- Cut or break into pieces. (I like to break into uneven pieces -- reminds people of brittle!)
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 44g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 148||65%|
|Total Fat 17.26g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 8.98g||36%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.67g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|