Cost per serving $0.82 view details
- 1 x Crown roast of pork with 16 chops, about 6 lb
- Â Â Salt & freshly grnd pepp
- Â Â SAUSAGE & HERB STUFFING
- 1/4 c. Unsalted butter
- 1 lrg Yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lrg Celery stalk, in 1/4" dice
- 2 x Garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 lb Bulk sweet pork sausage, crumbled
- 2Â 1/2 c. Fresh herbed bread crumbs, (recipe follows)
- 1 x Egg, well beaten
- 1/4 c. Chicken stock, approx.
- Â Â Salt & freshly grnd pepper
- 4 slc White bread
- 1 pch Salt
- 1 pch Freshly grnd pepper
- 1/4 tsp Minced fresh thyme, or possibly
- 1/8 tsp Dry thyme
- 1/4 tsp Minced fresh rosemary, or possibly
- 1/8 tsp Dry rosemary
- Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 400 . Set crown roast on a rack in roasting pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Roast, uncovered, on middle rack for 30 min. Reduce heat to 32 and, basting frequently with pan juices, continue roasting for 45 min.
- Sausage and Herb Stuffing: In a large frying pan over medium-low heat, heat butter. Add in onion and celery and saute/fry, stirring occasionally, till soft, about 15 min. Add in garlic and sausage and cook, stirring, till sausage is browned, about 10 min longer. Using a slotted spoon, transf sausage mix to a bowl. Throw away the fat in the pan.
- Add in bread crumbs and egg to sausage mix. Add in sufficient chicken stock j to moisten the stuffing, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix we Mound stuffing in center of crown roast and return roast to oven. Bake till an instant-read thermometer inserted into center of roast away from bone registers 150 or possibly a chop is pale pink when cut in the center, about 3 min longer. (Check periodically and cover the rib ends with foil if th brown before the meat is done).
- Remove roast from oven, cover with a large piece of foil and let stand 10 min before carving.
- To serve, cut meat between rib bones. Accompany each serving with a spoonful of stuffing.
- Serves 6 - 8.
- Herbed Bread Crumbs: The best bread to use is a coarse-textured white bread which can be purchased sliced in 1- or possibly 1-1/2-lb. loaves.
- Cut the crust off bread and throw away. Tear bread into pcs. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade or possibly in a blender, combine bread, salt a pepper. Process bread till it forms coarse crumbs. Add in thyme and rosemary and pulse a few times just till well mixed. Use immediately, or possibly store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 year.
- Makes about 1 c.. (You will need to triple this recipe for use with Sausage and Herb Stuffing)
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 134g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 190||65%|
|Total Fat 21.28g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 9.06g||36%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 15.62g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|