Cost per serving $0.17 view details
- 16-rib crown roast of pork
- House Seasoning, to taste, (See Spice Mixes, Marinades and Rubs on hungrychef.weebly.com)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped dried prunes
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- Canned apricot halves, drained (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle roast on all sides with House Seasoning; place, bone ends up, in a shallow roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer, making sure it does not touch fat or bone. Saute onion in butter until tender but not browned. Add rice, House Seasoning, to taste, and poultry seasoning and water to onion; stir to moisten rice. Bring rice mixture to a boil, then remove from heat. Cover tightly and let stand 10 minutes. Stir dried prunes and dried apricots into the rice mixture. Fill center of roast with rice mixture. Place a folded strip of aluminum foil over exposed ends of ribs. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes per pound to until thermometer registers 170 degrees. Garnish with apricot halves, if desired.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 64g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 27||24%|
|Total Fat 3.04g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.86g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.86g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|