I found this yummy recipe for Crostini with Asparagus and can’t wait to try it. Not only does it look delicious, but what a great easy appetizer to make for a party!
My hubby will testify, I hardly ever stick to a recipe completely. I’m always changing things up according to what my taste buds are telling me. So, below is the original recipe and then below that will be some things that I think I’ll try.
My philosophy is that it’s always fine to follow a recipe, of course. But if your gut (tummy) comes up with another idea, don’t be afraid to try it. I have rarely gone wrong by changing an ingredient here and there. You never know what new and fabulous recipe you can come up with by Trusting the Tummy… Give it a whirl…
- 1 Baquette (1/4 inch slices)
- Fresh asparagus
- Fresh ricotta cheese
- Olive oil or truffle oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the baguette slices in the oven until just turning golden.
- Spread the ricotta on the toasted baguette slices and then top with thinly sliced asparagus.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle a little olive oil or truffle oil over the slices.
- Serve Crostini with Asparagus at room temperature on a pretty serving platter.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 10g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 10||63%|
|Total Fat 1.07g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.68g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.45g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|