Cost per serving $1.53 view details
- 2 quart Chicken Stock
- 1 lrg Red Onion -- Diced
- 3 x Corn Tortillas, Fried/Broken
- 3 x Roma Tomatoes -- Diced
- 1/2 bn Cilantro
- 8 ounce Ancho Chile Paste * See Note
- 2 lrg Chicken Breast Halves Cooked & Shredded
- Â Â Salt -- To Taste
- 6 ounce Ranchero Cheese Crumbled
- 2 x Corn Tortillas, Fried Crisp
- Bring 1 quart chicken broth to boil with onion in soup pot. Combine remaining chicken broth with 3 fried tortillas in a blender and blend till combined and slightly thickened. Pour into heated broth along with tomatoes, cilantro, chile paste, and chicken. Season to taste with salt. Bring again to boil. Serve garnished with ranchero cheese and tortilla strips.
- NOTE: Topuree ancho chiles, soak 6 or possibly 7 chiles in warm water till tender, or possibly simmer just till tender. Remove stem and formed. Strain through sieve to remove skin, if you like.
- Each serving with cheese and chips contains about: 146
- NOTES:* or possibly 6 or possibly 7 ancho chiles pureed.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 355g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 36||28%|
|Total Fat 4.07g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.09g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 12.01g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|