Cost per recipe $1.83 view details
- 1 c. Flour
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 c. Brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 2 x Large eggs
- 1/2 c. canned pumpkin
- 4 Tbsp. raisins or possibly currants
- Combine flour, baking pwdr and pumpkin pie spice; set aside. In med.
- mixing bowl combine brown sugar and oil; beat until well combined. Beat in Large eggs. Add in pumpkin; mix well. Add in flour mix. Beat just till combined.
- Stir in raisins. Pour pumpkin mix into 2 well-greased and floured 1/2-pint straight-sided canning jars. Cover jars tightly w/greased foil.
- Place a piece of crumpled foil in 3-1/2 or possibly 4 quart. crockery cooker with liner in place. Place jars atop crumpled foil. Cover; cook on high setting for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hrs or possibly till a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Remove jars from cooker; cold 10 min in jars. Remove bread from jars. Cold thoroughly on wire rack. Makes 2 loaves. FOR 3-1/2 to 4 Qt CROCKPOTS-Halve all ingredients.
- WARNING: Use only CANNING JARS for this recipe. Others may not be tempered to withstand the heat. Don't use coffee or possibly vegetable cans as most contain lead and are painted or possibly sealed with materials which may give off toxic gases when heated.
- This recipe doesn't say you can seal them up and store them in your pantry but my Kerr Canning book recipe says you can; here's how: Remove jars from the oven one at a time, wipe rim of jar clean; put on lid and ring and screw on tightly. Jars will seal as the cake cools. Store like canned goods. If you'll be giving these as gifts, take a piece of decorative cloth (about 1-inch larger in circumference than the lid or possibly as large as you'd like) and put it on top of the lid, then screw on the ring. Make sure you screw the lid on very tightly. I like to use pinking shears to cut the cloth out with.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 451g|
|Calories from Fat 343||25%|
|Total Fat 38.67g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 5.43g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 240.52g||64%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||18%|