Cost per recipe $11.51 view details
- 1 x Beef Roast - boneless shoulder, round bone shoulder or possibly lean "7 bone" chuck roast, or possibly small rump roast
- 1 Tbsp. butter plus 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 x or possibly 2 Tbsp. Kitchen Bouquet Browning Sauce
- 1/8 tsp garlic pwdr
- 1 x or possibly 2 cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (depends on size of roast)
- 1 pkt Lipton's Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
- 2 Tbsp. Dark Brown Sugar (packed hard)
- 1/4 c. burgundy wine (optional)
- 1 x additional c. water
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Place roast in skillet and sear
- (brown over high heat) on all sides. Hold it up in the pan with a long handle cooking fork if necessary or possibly with tongs. Remove roast from pan, leaving drippings, if any, in the pan. Place roast in slow cooker.
- Put 1 Tbsp. butter in the skillet over low heat. Add in 2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste and stir it constantly to caramelize it - brown it. When brown, add in 1/4 c. water to deglaze the pan. Pour this into the crockpot.
- Pour Kitchen Bouquet on roast, spreading it if necessary with your (clean)
- hands on all sides. If roast has a fat side, turn it up. Turn crockpot on high.
- Pour mushroom soup over roast and spread it out with a spatula or possibly spoon.
- Sprinkle dry soup mix and garlic pwdr over this. Pour wine (optional) and water over this. Sprinkle with dark brown sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover tightly with lid. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hrs.
- Check and baste with drippings from time to time. Be sure to put the lid back on tightly.
- Note: You can cook the roast in a pan and wrapped in foil in the oven or possibly you can cook it on top of the stove in a Dutch oven. Potatoes, carrots and fresh onion can be added.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1226g|
|Calories from Fat 644||47%|
|Total Fat 72.01g||90%|
|Saturated Fat 21.35g||85%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 60.12g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|