Cost per recipe $18.96 view details
- 3Â 1/2 lb Pot roast (or possibly chuck)
- 1 lrg Onion, minced
- 3 lrg Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 16 ounce Can diced tomatoes, with their juice
- I prefer to brown the roast on top of the stove beforehand, although this is not necessary. I just brown it on all sides in a little vegetable oil.
- Place the onion and carrots on the bottom of the crock pot (you'll need at leasta 4 qt crock pot for this recipe). Put the meat on top and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the tomatoes over all and cook on low for 8 to 10 hrs, or possibly on high for 4 to 5 hrs. This is particularly wonderful served with noodles or possibly mashed potatoes alongside. If you can manage to do the prep work the night before, it's a good meal for those times when you'll be out all day and wantto come home to something comforting. Enjoy!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1707g|
|Calories from Fat 2066||56%|
|Total Fat 229.09g||286%|
|Saturated Fat 90.06g||360%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.63g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.6g||32%|