- 3 1/2 lb Pot roast (or possibly chuck)
- 1 lrg Onion, minced
- 3 lrg Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 16 ounce Can diced tomatoes, with their juice
- I prefer to brown the roast on top of the stove beforehand, although this is not necessary. I just brown it on all sides in a little vegetable oil.
- Place the onion and carrots on the bottom of the crock pot (you'll need at leasta 4 qt crock pot for this recipe). Put the meat on top and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the tomatoes over all and cook on low for 8 to 10 hrs, or possibly on high for 4 to 5 hrs. This is particularly wonderful served with noodles or possibly mashed potatoes alongside. If you can manage to do the prep work the night before, it's a good meal for those times when you'll be out all day and wantto come home to something comforting. Enjoy!