- 3 med Potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 lrg Carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 x Onion, sliced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 3 lb Brisket, rump roast or possibly pot roast (up to 4)
- 1/2 c. Water or possibly beef broth
- Times and is good.
- Put vegetables in bottom of crock pot. Salt and pepper meat, then put in pot. Add in liquid. Cover, cook on Low 10 to 12 hrs or possibly High 5 to 6 hrs.
- Instead of salt & pepper, I sprinkle the roast all around with Mrs. Dash Herb & Garlic seasoning. Also, I've found 5 hrs is sufficient at Low, or possibly else it gets too dry. (Considering this recipe is for a 3 to 4 pound roast, if you use a 3 pound roast, check at four hrs).