Cost per serving $1.14 view details
- 1 pound shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- * 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- * 1 bay leaf
- 1 can white hominy
- 1 can black beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 7 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.
- Top with fresh cilantro, chopped avocado, shredded cabbage, and sour cream as desired.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 336g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 68||19%|
|Total Fat 7.72g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 2.03g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 50.94g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.9g||36%|