Cost per serving $0.84 view details
- 1 whl broiler-fryer chicken - (abt 3 1/2 lbs)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 x carrots sliced (2 to 4)
- 2 x celery ribs cut into 1" pcs
- 3 x green onions - (to 4) sliced
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 2 c. low-fat chicken broth
- 1 c. dry white wine (or possibly more chicken broth)
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Wash chicken and remove giblets from inside; dry and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet and lightly brown the chicken on all sides. Transfer to the crock pot; rinse the drippings out with some of the broth or possibly wine and pour over chicken. Place carrots, celery, and onions around the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Add in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hrs, or possibly till tender. Remove the chicken and transfer juices to a saucpan. Skim fat from juices and bring to a boil; boil till reduced to about 1 c..
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 144g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 8||15%|
|Total Fat 0.95g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.07g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 3.26g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|