Cost per serving $0.85 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Crisco Vegetable shortening
- 1/4 c. flour seasoned with salt & pepper
- 6 lb Boston Butt Pork Roast, bone in or possibly Pork Shoulder Picnic
- 3 x Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 sm onion, sliced
- 3 lrg potatoes, peeled & cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 3 x carrots, peeled & cut into chunks
- 1 jar fresh sauerkraut (32 ounce), liquid removed Brown Sugar to taste, about 1/3 c. salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Pwdr
- 1/2 c. Mo Jo Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Chicken Base or possibly Bouillon
- 8 x -10 Gingersnap Cookies, Crumbled
- Wash & pat dry the roast. Cover with the seasoned flour till well coated. Shake off the excess flour. In a large pot, heat the Crisco. Add in the roast & sear on all sides, till well browned. Remove the roast & add in to crock pot. Add in all of the ingredients except the sauerkraut. Cook on low for 10-15 hrs. During the last 2-3 hrs, add in the sauer-kraut. Skim off any fat which rises to the top. Adjust the seasonings just before serving.
- Note: Mo Jo Sauce is a marinade which is popular with the Hispanic community.
- It isfound either in the Goya section, or possibly under the section where other marinades are found. It is a citrus marinade & probably could be eliminated without any detrimental effects to the recipe. I use it a lot on seafood before bar barbecuing. It isn't sweet at all, but it has a lot of nice citrus flavors & is a really good marinade for seafood, chicken, or possibly any "white" meat.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 305g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 74||22%|
|Total Fat 8.36g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.98g||8%|
|Trans Fat 2.14g|
|Total Carbs 61.88g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.8g||23%|