- 20 lb Turkey
- 16 ounce Dijon mustard
- 1/2 c. Low sodium soy sauce
- 6 x Lemons, juice of
- 1 c. Extra virgin olive oil Salt and pepper
- 1 x Handfuls fresh rosemary, basil, thyme, oregano, sage
- 3 c. Chicken stock
- 1 tsp Arrow root
- 1/4 c. Sherry
- 1/2 c. Minced chives
- Directions:Turkey: Combine the mustard, soy sauce, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
- Season the bird with salt and pepper and place in large roasting pan.
- Pour marinade over turkey. Stuff lemon rinds and herbs in cavity of bird and remaining herbs on top. Cover with foil and place in 400 degree oven for 1 1/2 hrs. Remove cover and place thermometer into deepest point in bird. Place turkey back in oven, uncovered, and baste every 15 min cook for approximately 2 1/2 - 3 hrs more till thermometer reads poultry.
- Gravy: Place pan with drippings on top of stove over high heat. Skim fat from pan and bring to simmer. Add in 3 c. chicken stock. Remove 1/2 c. of liquid and combine with 1 tsp. of arrowroot. Add in to stock to thicken. You may need to repeat this process 2 to 3 times to reach desired consistency. Finish gravy, by removing from heat and adding sherry and chives. Serve with turkey.