- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x jalapeno pepper
- 3 Tbsp. diced red onion
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. basil chiffonade
- 1 Tbsp. ancho chile pwdr Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 6 c. canola oil
- 4 whl red snapper - (abt 1 lb ea) cleaned, scaled Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 4 c. seasoned rice flour
- 4 c. water
- 1 x red onion sliced thick
- 1 x eggplant sliced thick
- 1 x fennel bulb cut 6 pcs
- 1 x red pepper cut 4 pcs
- 1 x yellow pepper cut 4 pcs Extra virgin olive oil to coat Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- For the Charred Jalapeno-Basil Vinaigrette: Heat oil in a small saute/fry pan till smoking. Add in the jalapeno and cook till charred on all sides. Let the pepper cold and slice thinly. Place the pepper and the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk till blended.
- For the Crispy Fish: Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees. Pat fish on both sides with paper towels to insure which it is totally dry. Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Mix rice flour and water together. Dredge both sides of each fish in the batter and tap off any excess. Slowly lower the fish into the oil and fry for 6 to 7 min. Carefully remove, drain on plate lined with paper towels and drizzle immediately with the vinaigrette.
- For the Grilled Vegetables: Toss vegetables with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, and grill till tender.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.