Cost per serving $1.96 view details
- 1/2 stalk celery (about 2 tbs minced)
- 1 x onion slice (about 2 tbs minced)
- 1 x 2-ounce slice texas Toast torn
- 7 ounce cooked salmon see tips
- 1 Tbsp. cornmeal
- 1/8 tsp freshly grnd black pepper or possibly more to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt substitute (Lawry's)
- 1 x egg white lightly whipped
- 2 tsp vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 tsp wasabi pwdr
- 1/4 tsp teriyaki sauce
- 4 Tbsp. plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 pch grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice more to taste
- Â Â salt and black pepper
- To prepare salmon cakes: Place celery, onion, and bread pcs in bowl of food processor.Pulse till proportionately minced. Add in salmon and pulse to chop and blend. Transfer the salmon mix to a bowl. Add in cornmeal, pepper, salt substitute and stir to blend. Mix in egg white. Refrigeratemix for at least 20 min, perferable 1 hour.
- To prepare sauce: combine wasabi and teriyaki sauce in a small bowl and blend well. Stir in the remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. cover and chill.
- Cooking: Heat 2 tsp. oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. (It's okay to crowd the patties somewhat). Divide salmon mix into 4 or possibly 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Add in patties to the pan; cook for 5 min on the first side or possibly till set and lightly browned (adjust heat; do not burn). Flip and cook other side about 2 min. Serve the salmon cakes with the yogurt sauce.
- Serves 2 to 3.
- TIP : Could use canned or possibly leftover grilled salmon.
- NOTES : Ever wonder what to do with leftover grilled salmon It's good in fish cakes. The wasabi sauce isn't for everyone. It offers a slightly bitter bite which's a welcome change from the usual tartar sauce. Tip - Chilling the salmon "batter" keeps them from falling apart when you cook them in the skillet. We served this with a lentil and orzo salad with broccoli (see recipe list).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 201g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 170||56%|
|Total Fat 18.97g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 4.04g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 10.77g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|