Cost per serving $6.65 view details
- 1 x 1 lb. package of rolled phyllo
- 1/2 c. Clarified butter
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 c. Raspberries
- 2 c. Strawberries
- 1 c. Blueberries
- 1/2 c. Mint
- 2 x Ripe mangoes
- 1/2 gal Vanilla ice cream
- 5Â 1/2 c. Raspberries, pureed and strained (or possibly frzn thawed raspberries)
- 1 can Liquid removed apricots
- 1 c. Loosely whipped cream
- 1/2 c. Powdered sugar
- 6 x Raspberries, strawberries, blueberries for garnish
- Fettuccine: Leaving phyllo rolled up, cut into 1/4-inch slices with a knife to create strips of dough the width of fettuccine. Remove paper strips. Toss phyllo to loosen and separate. On a sheet pan, lined with parchment paper, divide the strips into 12 equal "nests approximately 3 inches in diameter.
- With a pastry brush, brush each nest with melted butter, then sprinkle with sugar. Bake in preheated 350-degree oven till lightly browned. Remove from oven to cold.
- Fruit Salad: Chop strawberries, then mix with raspberries, blueberries and minced mint.
- Mango Ice Cream: Remove ice cream from freezer and allow it to soften. Peel and remove pulp from mango seeds. Puree pulp in food processor. Mix the pulp with softened ice cream. Line an 8x8x2-inch pan with plastic wrap.
- Spread softened ice cream into pan. Cover and refreeze. Store any extra ice cream for use at a later time.
- Sauces: Puree apricots in food processor. Force through fine mesh strainer, pushing as much fruit through strainer as possible. Pour sauce into squeeze bottle. If using frzn raspberries, next reserve 1/2 c. liquid. Puree and strain raspberries. (If using frzn, add in reserved juice to sauce). Pour sauce into squeeze bottle. Put whipped cream into squeeze bottle.
- To serve: Cut ice cream into 6 equal squares. Place 1 fettuccine nest in the center of each plate. Top with mixed fruit and mint. Place a square of ice cream on top of fruit. Top with another fettuccine nest. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Using squeeze bottles, drizzle each sauce in a ring around the fettuccine nest. Start with whipped cream, then apricot, then raspberry sauce. On bamboo skewers, place 1 strawberry, 1 raspberry and 1 blueberry
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 574g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 386||49%|
|Total Fat 43.49g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 26.36g||105%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 96.82g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 14.7g||49%|