Cost per recipe $2.17 view details
- 4 x boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 c. apple cider or possibly juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp dry rosemary
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 c. lowfat 1% lowfat milk
- 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider
- Â Â Or possibly cream see note
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley minced
- Rinse chicken. Pat dry. Sprinkle with salt. Heat Crisco Oil in large skillet with cover on medium-high heat. Add in chicken. Cook about 4 min per side or possibly till browned. Add in apple cider, lemon juice, rosemary, and pepper. Reduce heat.
- Cover. Simmer 10 min or possibly till chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken. Keep hot.
- Add in heavy cream to skillet. Cook and stir till reduced by half and thickened.
- Stir in parsley. Return chicken to skillet. Heat about 2 min. Serve chicken with sauce spooned over top.
- NOTES : This is a great do ahead dish. Lowfat choice: use 1/2 c. heavy cream and no thickener or possibly use low-fat lowfat milk; thicken sauce with 1 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 2 Tbsp. apple cider. The sauce can be doubled if you like. The dish can be prepared up to a day in advance and refrigerated, tightly covered. Reheat covered over low heat before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 614g|
|Calories from Fat 155||30%|
|Total Fat 17.52g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 2.47g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.41g|
|Total Carbs 41.08g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|