Cost per recipe $3.75 view details
- 2 tbsp. reduced-calorie butter
- 1 lg. onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely minced
- 1 (28 ounce.) can peeled Italian plum tomatoes
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 1 sm. boiling potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh basil leaves or possibly 2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- 1 c. lowfat milk
- Heat butter in a soup pot over low heat. Add in onion, carrot and garlic. Cook, covered for 20 min, stirring occasionally, till vegetables are tender and wilted.
- Crush tomatoes in their liquid and add in to the pot along with the chicken broth, potato, basil, nutmeg and salt. Cook, covered, over low heat for 40 min, stirring occasionally. Let cold to room temperature.
- Puree in a blender, in small batches, adding a bit of lowfat milk to each batch. Return to soup pot and adjust seasonings. Before serving, hot through over very low heat. Don't boil. Serves 6.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1498g|
|Calories from Fat 245||42%|
|Total Fat 27.92g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 17.51g||70%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 64.53g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.5g||38%|