Pumpkin Soup is a cheerful addition to any meal, plus it’s full of vitamins & minerals & is a wonderful dish to please the whole family. I’d made this traditional soup with a twist, adding Crab Claw to this dish on Mother’s Day.
I've also included potato & carrot in the recipe to give it a good mix as pumpkin is sweet. Adding other vegetables will give it more flavourable balance.
- Â½ pumpkin (about 1kg), peeled & cut
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled & cut
- 1 large potato, peeled & cut
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Â½ bottle of Bulla cream
- 1 sprig of parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 Crab Claws
- 4 slices of ginger
- Heat pan on low heat. Melt butter & sautee onion till tender.
- Steam potato, carrot & pumpkin till soft, about 30mins.
- Meanwhile, put the crab claws into a steamer top it up with ginger. Steam till claws turn orangey red. * No seasoning for crab is needed as weâre using fresh seafood here.
- When vegetables are ready, puree the mixture in a food mill or blender. Put mixture in a pot, add the chicken stock & simmer for 15 minutes. Add the cream & simmer for 5 more minutes, lowering the heat if necessary so it does not boil.
- Season, to taste with salt & pepper. Sprinkle parsley & add crab claw. Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 232g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 28||27%|
|Total Fat 3.14g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.9g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.59g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|