- 1 can (385 mL) carnation evaporated Lowfat milk, divided Water
- 1/4 c. Minced onion
- 3 c. Uncooked macaroni
- 1 can (10 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 3 c. Shredded "old" cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Dry mustard Salt and pepper
- Set aside 1/2 c. e. lowfat milk. Add in water to remaining e. lowfat milk to make 4 1/2 c.. Pour lowfat milk mix into large saucepan. Add in onion. Bring mix to a boil, stirring frequently. Add in macaroni, simmer, uncovered over med-low heat till pasta is tender (about 15 minutes); stir frequently. Don't drain.
- Add in soup, cheese, Wor. sauce, dry mustard and reserved e. lowfat milk. Cook and stir over low heat till cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes about 5 1 1/2 c. servings.
- Variation: Mexicale Mac and Cheese: Brown 1 lb. lean grnd beef; drain fat if necessary. Add in to Creamy One-Pot Mac and Cheese along with 1 c. of your favourite salsa.