Cost per serving $1.83 view details
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts (trimmed of fat and gristle pieces, then cubed)
- 1-2 bunches of Baby Spinach OR 1-2 bags of baby spinach (I find I end up picking through either one of them so I save money by buying the bunches, the amount of spinach you use depends on your taste for spinachâ¦. I love spinach)
- 1 1/2 pint of heavy cream or half and half
- 1 large package of cheese tortellini (I use the one you find in the refrigerator section usually next to the cheese)
- 1 box of Chicken Stock
- 1/2-3/4 cup lemon juice (more or less depending on your taste)
- Dill (dried or fresh, I use probably two tablespoons because I love dill)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Basil (fresh is best) optional, again to taste
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Bring a LARGE soup pot filled 1/4 to 1/2 way with water and chicken stock. (I throw in a couple of chicken bullion cubes to intensify the chicken flavor.) How much water you use depends on how soupy you like your soup to be and how many people you are feeding.
- Place over high heat. Once boiling put cubed chicken in water/stock mix.
- Allow the chicken to cook in the water/stock.
- Put butter in the water when chicken is half way done, allow to melt.
- Mix in cream or half and half, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Bring liquid back to boil and drop in tortellini. Do not over cook the tortellini; it will get mushy and fall apart!
- When tortellini is almost âal denteâ you can tear the spinach and mix it in the pot or use the leaves whole. Spinach cooks fast! Much more than dunking the spinach in the soup can over cook it. I usually give it about 2-3 minutes in the soup.
- Make sure you have tasted the soup as you cook to make sure the flavor agrees with you.
- I always end up with extra soup, typically 2-3 extra servings, they freeze well and reheat straight from the freezer on those nights you just donât want to cook.
- I love to dunk bread in my soup; I recommend ciabetta bread or crusty French rolls.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 163g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 217||73%|
|Total Fat 24.48g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 13.07g||52%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 3.66g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|