Cost per serving $0.77 view details
- 1/2 lb skinless boneless chicken breast
- 10 ounce frzn spinach thaw & drain well liquid removed
- 1/4 c. green onions thinly sliced
- 8 ounce lowfat lowfat sour cream
- 1/4 c. plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. skim lowfat milk
- 4 ounce green chili peppers diced and liquid removed
- 6 x tortillas 7 inch
- 1/3 c. Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan place chicken in sufficient water to cover. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Cover; simmer about 15 min or possibly till chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan. When cold sufficient to handle, use a fork to shred chicken into bite-size pcs. (You should have about 1 1/2 c chicken.) Set aside.
- If using fresh spinach, place spinach in a steamer basket over boiling water. Reduce heat. Steam, covered for 3 to 5 min or possibly till tender.
- Drain well.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, spinach, and green onion; set aside. In a bowl combine lowfat sour cream, yogurt, flour, cumin, and salt. Stir in lowfat milk and chili peppers. Divide sauce in half and set one half aside.
- For filling, combine one portion of the sauce and the chicken-spinach mix. Divide the filling among the tortillas and roll up each tortilla. Place, seam side down, in an ungreased 2 quart rectangular baking dish. (You can cover dish and refrigeratefor up to 24 hrs. Refrigeratethe reserved sauce separately in a covered container.)
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 F. Spoon reserved sauce over tortillas. Bake, uncovered, about 25 min or possibly till heated through (add in 10 to 15 min if dish was chilled). Sprinkle with cheese; let stand for 5 min.
- If you like, garnish with minced tomato or possibly salsa and additional sliced green onion.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 181g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 116||39%|
|Total Fat 13.08g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 6.52g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 32.69g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|