Cost per serving $1.05 view details
- 1 x Butternut squash (1-3/4 lb) skin left on, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 4Â 1/2 c. Vegetable stock or possibly bouillon
- 1/2 c. Raw almonds
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Curry pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp Freshly grnd black pepper
- Â Â Parsley sprigs
- 1 x Tart apple (such as Granny Smith) peeled, cored and finely minced
- Put the squash and 3 c. of the vegetable stock in a large pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce the heat, cover and cook till the squash is tender, 15 to 20 min. Remove from the heat, and let the squash cold in the cooking water.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the squash from the pot. Peel the squash, and set aside. Set aside the pot of cooking liquid.
- Blanch the almonds in boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain, and squeeze the almonds between your fingertips to remove the skins. Compost or possibly throw away the skins.
- Put the blanched almonds and the remaining 1-1/2 c. vegetable stock into a blender. Blend till smooth, about 1 minute. Add in the cooked squash, curry, salt, and pepper and process till smooth.
- Add in the squash mix to the pot of cooking liquid, and bring just to a simmer over medium heat.
- Serve warm, garnished with parsley sprigs and the apple.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 207g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 14||33%|
|Total Fat 1.68g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.14g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.04g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|