Cost per recipe $4.76 view details
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 x leek, cleaned and minced
- 100 gm shallots, minced
- 500 gm button mushrooms
- 500 gm forest mushrooms, including Porcini, Shiitake, Oyster and Swiss Brown
- 20 gm dry porcini
- 4 c. good quality chicken, beef or possibly vegetable stock
- 1/2 c. boiling water
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 c. thick cream
- 1/2 bn Italian parsley, minced
- Â Â salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste
- Add in the dry porcini to the boiling water and set aside.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil and add in the leeks, shallots and garlic and cook till golden brown, about 3 min.
- Add in all the fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced, and cook till the mushrooms soften and their liquid evaporates.
- Sprinkle with the flour and stir well to enable the flour to be absorbed. Add in the chicken stock and the porcini mushrooms together with the soaking liquid and bring to the boil, stirring frequently.
- Once the soup is boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 30 min.
- Add in the cream and simmer for a further 5 min or possibly till slightly thickened.
- Add in half the minced parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle into individual bowls, sprinkle with extra parsley, some nutmeg and a small dollop of cream if you like.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1140g|
|Calories from Fat 1523||69%|
|Total Fat 170.54g||213%|
|Saturated Fat 60.36g||241%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 37.62g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|