Cost per serving $1.51 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. Fine chop cooked vegetables
- 3Â 1/2 c. Fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 c. All-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. Melted margarine
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Sprinkle of pepper, optional
- Use one or possibly a combination of: asparagus, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, celery, mushrooms, onions, string beans.
- Cook vegetables, drain well and chop into small pcs. Use within 30 min or possibly chill them.
- Place broth in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Place flour, dry lowfat milk and melted margarine in a small bowl and mix well to create coarse crumbs. Stir the flour mix into the simmering broth using a wire whip.
- Or possibly add in the flour mix to cool broth, cook and stir over moderate heat to create a sauce. Cook and stir over moderate heat till mix is smooth and the starchy taste is gone. Add in the vegetables to the sauce and reheat to serving temperature. Taste for seasoning and add in salt and pepper. (Nutritive values are based on the use of commercial broth with no added salt.) Serve warm.
- Makes 4 c..
- Low-sodium diets: Use fresh or possibly frzn vegetables cooked without salt, low-sodium broth and salt-free margarine. Don't add in salt.
- Low-cholesterol diets: May be used as written.
- Suggestions: Experiment with herbs or possibly spices. A big fancy hotel is serving Ginger Carrot Soup....maybe try 1/4 tsp to start.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 310g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 203||67%|
|Total Fat 22.64g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 6.71g||27%|
|Trans Fat 1.04g|
|Total Carbs 7.17g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|