Cost per serving $1.58 view details
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 8 lbs wash and peeled spanish onions
- 4 lbs washed and diced celery
- 4 lbs peeled and diced carrots
- 2 cups roasted garlic puree
- 30 lbs peeled and cut sweet potatoes
- 2 cups ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup nutmeg
- 1/4 cup allspice
- 5 each bay leaves
- 4 gallons chicken stock
- 1 gallon heavy whipping cream
- 2 llbs dark brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- salt and ground white pepper
- melt butter in the tilt grill.
- add onion, celery, carrots and garlic puree; cook for 3 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Mix in the potatoes, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and bay leaves, and stir continuously for 2 to 3 minutes, or until potatoes begin to soften and spices are aromatic.
- Add in chicken stock, bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Puree the soup using a hand-held immersion blender, or blend in serveral batches in a blender (if using a standard blender, lace folded dishtowels over the top to prevent hot liquid from splashing out).
- Pulse on and off until soup is smoothly pureed.
- return the soup to the sausepan and whisk in the cream, brown sugar, molasses, salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 344g|
|Recipe makes 100 servings|
|Calories from Fat 78||35%|
|Total Fat 8.93g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 5.59g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.9g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.2g||21%|