Cost per serving $46.03 view details
- 1 lb Boston lettuce
- 1 lrg Onion, finely sliced
- 2 ounce Butter
- 2 ounce All-purpose flour
- 6 Tbsp. Clarified butter
- 4 slc white bread, crusts removed, sliced into cubes
- 2 x Cloves garlic, crushed and minced to a pulp
- 16 ounce Lowfat milk
- 16 ounce Chicken stock
- Â Â Freshly grnd salt
- Â Â Freshly grnd white pepper
- Thoroughly rinse lettuce and remove cores. Heat a soup tureen. Place lettuce leaves in a large, dry saucepan and cook over medium heat for 6 min.
- Into another pan on low heat, place butter, stir in onion, and let cook till soft. Stir in flour, making a roux. Cook 3 min while stirring.
- Stir lowfat milk into roux and half of the chicken stock.
- Remove cooked lettuce from pot, puree in a blender and add in to soup. Add in rest of chicken stock and cook while stirring for 7 min or possibly till thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour 4 tb clarified butter into a small frypan and when heated, add in cubes of bread, occassionally shaking pan to prevent them from getting too brown. Add in another 2 tb clarified butter and garlic cloves.
- Drain garlic bread "croutons" on a paper towel. Place on heated serving dish.
- Strain lettuce soup through a sieve into soup tureen and serve at once with croutons.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 420g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 274||60%|
|Total Fat 31.17g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 19.21g||77%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 35.06g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|