Cost per serving $0.59 view details
- 1 large chicken
- 1 small knuckle of veal (optional)
- 3 qts of water
- 1/4 lb. of rice
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoonful of celery seed
- 1 c. of whipping or possibly heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the chicken and veal on with 3 qts of water, together with the rice, parsley, garlic, and the celery seed, tied in a cheesecloth bag.
- Boil gently till the chicken is thoroughly done, taking care to skim well all the time it is boiling.
- Take out the veal bone, and chop the chicken and fully cooked rice coarsely in a food processor or possibly grinder, moistening it with a little of the stock.
- Return the chicken to the stock, season with salt and pepper, and just before serving, pour in the cream.
- Heat thoroughly, but do not boil.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 361g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 230||66%|
|Total Fat 25.75g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 10.8g||43%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.64g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|