This recipe totally happened by chance. I looked in my pantry and refrigerator and this is what I had on hand and voila! It is really a tasty little treat and you could top the cream cheese/biscuit with anything you like or have on hand. This is a great little treat for company or while you are sitting around watching holiday movies.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 package (1.0 ounce package) Ranch dressing mix
- 5 jumbo buttermilk biscuits (10 ounce can)
- 8 slices deli ham, cut these in 4 small triangles/quarters
- 1 jar (4 ounces) pimentoes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cream cheese and half the package of Ranch dressing mix. Set aside. Take the biscuits one at a time and roll out very thin. Take a small cookie cutter. (Mine was about the size of a 50 cent piece) and cut out 6 rounds out of each biscuit. Place on a baking stone (or cookie sheet) and bake in the oven about 10 minutes. Watch to make sure that the biscuit is turning golden brown and not burned. Adjust your time as needed.
- Remove from the oven and let cook slightly. You want them to be warm, not hot when you spread on the cream cheese mixture. Place approximately one teaspoon of the mixture on each biscuit.
- Take 2-3 pieces of pimento and place in the middle of your ham quarter, roll up and place on top of the cream cheese. Place one small piece of pimento on the top. Serve! Makes 30 appetizers.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 11g|
|Recipe makes 30 servings|
|Calories from Fat 23||85%|
|Total Fat 2.6g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.46g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.5g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|