My friend Annie asked if I would post this recipe to go along with my “Better Than Sex Brownies Recipe” I recently posted. When I do frost these brownies this is the frosting I use it makes the treat that much more sinful. The best thing about this frosting is that there are so many possibilities & ways you can use this confectioners delight! I have added zing flavor, zest, jazzed up, or just plain out pizazz (to simplify things :) too much do u think?) I have added things from cocoa to different fruits depending on what exactly I was spreading it on? So Sinful dessert lovers get prepared this will be one you will want to use over & over after you have tried it. Blissful Indulging -MBC
- 1 C butter
- 1 C shortening (I suggest butter flavored Crisco)
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 lb confectioners sugar
- 6 Tbsp milk or heavy cream
- 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese (room temp)
- Make sure your butter, Crisco & cream cheese are room temp.
- Place milk in a liquid measuring cup with a spout or anything you have with a spout.
- Place the butter in a mixer & mix well so you see no "lumps" just smooth texture.
- Next add the Crisco blend with the butter till also very smooth.
- Finally add the cream cheese and blend until VERY smooth these steps can take very long but necessary for top-quality frosting.
- Scrap the bowl several times during initial mixing too help in blending the ingredients.
- Add the salt & vanilla mix.
- Slowly add a small portion of confectioners & 1 T milk while mixing.
- Continue to alternate sugar & milk while NEVER stopping the mixer until all has been added.
- This is where you will add food coloring if you chose too.
- Continue to mix & scrap the bowl for at least 3-5min longer if need to have smooth rather then lumpy frosting.
- Pleasurable Spreading-MBC