Cost per recipe $4.36 view details
- 1 pkt (3 ounce) cream cheese, completely softened*
- 1/2 c. Butter or possibly margarine, completely softened*
- 1/2 c. Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla or possibly almond extract
- 1Â 2/3 c. All-purpose flour
- 2Â 1/4 c. Confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 c. Softened butter or possibly margarine
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. Lowfat milk
- Â Â Food coloring, optional
- Combine ingredients in large bowl. Stir by hand till well blended. Lightly spoon flour into measuring c.; level off. Add in to cream cheese mix, stirring by hand till dough forms a ball. Knead in bowl or possibly on floured surface, 1 to 2 min, adding additional flour till smooth, pliable and not sticky. (Dough is easier to shape the more it is handled.) Roll dough out on a floured board to cut with cookie cutters. Put shapes on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees till edges are light brown: thin shapes 10 to 15 min; thick shapes - 15 to 22 min. Cold 5 min. Remove from cookie sheets. Store cooled cookies. Chill leftover dough up to 2 weeks.
- Makes 2 dozen 2 1/2 x 1/4 inch cookies, depends on size of cookie cutter shapes. Decorate cookies: Frost with a Buttercream Frosting then decorate with any of the following: chocolate pcs, sprinkles, nuts, raisins, cinnamon candies or possibly colored sugars.
- *Tip: Cream cheese and butter or possibly margarine may be softened using an electric mixer. In bowl, beat together sugar, butter, vanilla and lowfat milk till smooth. If necessary, add in more lowfat milk till frosting is spreading consistency.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 875g|
|Calories from Fat 1491||40%|
|Total Fat 169.75g||212%|
|Saturated Fat 104.4g||418%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 541.3g||144%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||19%|