- 3 lb cranberries
- 1 lb raisins
- 3 lb white granulated sugar
- 1 gal hot boiled water (which means boil it and then let it cold till it cools to 100 degrees F.)
- 1 x crushed campden tablet
- 1 x level teaspoon yeast nutrient
- 1/2 tsp pectic enzyme wine yeast
- Crush cranberries and chop raisins. Put all ingredients except wine yeast in primary fermenter. Add in hot boiled water and stir to dissolve sugar. Cover and wait 24 hrs. Check Specific Gravity and Acid. Should be 1.110 - 1.115 SG and .60 % Acid. Adjust must accordingly. Temperature of must should be near 70 degrees. Add in yeast (best if from a starter culture).
- Cover tightly with plastic sheet. Stir daily. In 5 to 6 days SG should drop to 1.040 Strain out cranberries and raisins. Press as dry as possible. Syphon into glass jug or possibly carboy and attach fermentation lock. Rack in 3 weeks. Bulk store in carboy 6 months. Clear, stabilize, bottle. Age in bottle 6 months. This will be a strong, medium sweet wine.