This recipe was a top winner in Better Homes & Gardens August 1999 monthly recipe contest and I have made it ever since. It's fits well with a Thanksgiving, Christmas, holiday theme with the dried cranberries and walnuts, and the red and green color combos, but I make it year-round. I especially like the snappy dressing.
- Â¼ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sweet-pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard (if you donât have honey mustard on hand, substitute 2 teaspoons prepared mustard + 1 teaspoon honey for this)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Â¼ teaspoon white or black pepper
- â teaspoon salt
- â teaspoon celery seed
- 5 cups shredded green cabbage
- â cup chopped walnuts
- Â¼ cup finely chopped celery
- Â¼ cup finely chopped onion
- Â¼ cup finely chopped red sweet pepper
- Â¼ cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise or salad dressing, pickle relish, honey mustard, honey, white or black pepper, salt, and celery seed.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cabbage, walnuts, celery, onion, red pepper, and cranberries.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill from 1 hour or up to 6 hours.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 62g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 55||61%|
|Total Fat 6.26g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0.87g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.97g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|