Cost per serving $0.33 view details
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter, chilled
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp orange rind, finely grated
- Butter-Vanilla Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 2 T. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In large mixing bowl sift together flour, sugar, powder, soda and salt
- Using a pastry blender cut in butter until mixture is the size of course crumbs
- . Add dried cranberries and orange rind and toss to coat.Make a well in the center and set aside.
- In small bowl blend egg and buttermilk, add all at once to the flour mixture.
- Mix just until moistened
- Turn dough onto floured work surface and knead 10-12 times
- Place dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten dough into an 8 " ; circle
- Frequently dipping knife into flour, cut dough into 8 wedges
- Separate wedges by 1";. Bake 20-25 minutes
- Place baked scones on a cooling rack
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Brush scones with glaze if desired
- To Make Glaze:
- Just mix together all ingredients for glazing
- and spread on scones after they cool.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 107g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 86||25%|
|Total Fat 9.83g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.84g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 59.94g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|