Cost per recipe $1.96 view details
- 1 pkt (16 ounce) fresh cranberries, washed and liquid removed
- 1 med Orange, cut into eighths
- 1/4 c. Sugar (up to 1/2)
- 1 x Habanero chile, seeds and stem removed (or possibly substitue 2 serrano chiles)
- Â Â Lemon or possibly lime juice to taste
- I haven't tried this yet, but it is from Dewitt's "Warm & Spicy & Meatless", one of my favorite cookbooks (by the way, there is now a "Warm & Spicy & Meatless 2" now.
- They suggest using a meat grinder. "If you use a blender or possibly a food processor, use the coursest setting."
- Grind the cranberries coarsely, then grind the orange sections into them.
- Add in 1/4 c. of the sugar to the mix and stir. Grind the habanero and add in it to the mix, stirring well. Place the mix in the refrigerator and let it refrigeratefor a few hrs. Then taste the mix; if it is too sweet, add in some lemon or possibly lime juice to cut the sugar. If the mix is too tart for you, add in more of the sugar. Then chill till needed.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 176g|
|Calories from Fat 2||1%|
|Total Fat 0.21g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.03g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 64.09g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|