Are you craving crunchy freshness right about now? When meltingly tender slow-cooked stews and soups predominate. They are welcome, but sometimes you want some bite-y food.
And make that simple, quick, healthy, and low cal too, please.
I like this lightly dressed and fat free. But you can easily add oil if you want to increase the calories.
Mix it in a minute, then stash it in the fridge. Some say it is better made ahead, and it does change over time. The dressing magically multiplies, the cranberries swell and soften. Everything turns a pretty pale pink.
We like it all ways, in any stage of the lifecycle. Right away, the next day, and a few days later. It’s all fresh, all crunchy.
- 1 tablespoon honey 15 ml
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar 30 ml
- 14 oz shredded cabbage and carrot blend 700 gm
- 1 cup dried cranberries 160 gm
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds 1 gm
- Put honey and cider in the bottom of a large bowl, stir until well mixed.
- Add everything else and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
- *Please donât skip the celery seeds. They add fragrance, flavor, and a bit more crunch. Personally, I donât think it is possible to make cole slaw without celery seeds.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 81g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||3%|
|Total Fat 0.41g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.78g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|