Cost per serving $0.55 view details
- 1 c. Flour
- 1/2 c. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Veg. oil
- 2 Tbsp. Cream of tartar
- 1 c. Water with desired color of food coloring
- HOMEMADE PLAY DOUGH
- Cook the above mix over medium heat stirring till stiff. Cold and knead out lumps. Store in airtight container.
- FINGER PAINTING
- For young children, prepare instant chocolate pudding and let them do creative finger painting with no danger if some finds its way to their mouths!
- MACARONI PICTURES
- Have various shapes of pasta to choose from. Let children glue these onto colored paper for creative pictures.
- PLACE MATS
- Let children draw their own pictures on fairly heavy paper. Use clear contact paper to cover the front and back of the drawing. They now have their own personal placemat. These make fun presents for Mom and Dad for special occasions.
- CHRISTMAS TREE ORNAMENTS
- 1 c. cornstarch 2 c. baking soda 1 1/4 c. cool water
- Mix and cook over medium heat stirring constantly about 4 min or possibly til mix thickens into a moist mashed potato-like consistency. Cover with a cloth while it cools sufficient to knead it.
- Roll out dough and cut into shapes using a straw to put a hole in the top for a ribbon to hang on the Christmas tree.
- Dry 24 hrs. Paint with tempera paints.
- PAPIER MACHE
- Dry laundry starch cool water
- Mix the starch and water in equal amounts. Stir completely. Let stand. This will thicken. Tear newspaper or possibly tissue paper into strips. Dip these strips into mix. Shape over a balloon or possibly into a mask shape, figures, animals, etc. Let dry 3 days or possibly so, depending on thickness. Paint with acrylic paints.
- ARGO DO-IT YOURSELF CLAY Which'S SAFE FOR KIDS
- 2 c. baking soda 1 c. Argo Corn Starch 1 1/4 c. water
- Mix cornstarch and baking soda, add in water, mix. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Thicken to consistency of mashed potatoes. Form clay into desired shapes, let dry for 36 hrs, color with paint or possibly felt-tip marker, and coat with shellac or possibly clear nail polish.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 92g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 42||34%|
|Total Fat 4.74g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.37g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 17.74g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|