Cost per serving $5.92 view details
- 2 lb Bay scallops or possibly sea Scallops
- 1 1/2 lb Fresh green beans Salt -- to taste
- 2 c. Cracked wheat
- 2 x Red bell peppers
- 2 lrg Tomatoes -- seeded and Diced
- 1/2 c. Finely diced green cabbage
- 2 med Zucchini -- cut in 1/4-inch Dice
- 6 x Green onions -- chopped
- 2 x Heads butter lettuce Herb Vinaigrette-----
- 1 sm Warm chile pepper -- seeded And chopped
- 1 1/2 c. Chopped Italian parsley
- 1 c. Chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 c. Chopped cilantro
- 5 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil Salt and freshly grnd Pepper -- to taste
- 1. If using sea scallops, trim away any tough muscle. Steam bay or possibly sea scallops over, not in, a large pot of boiling salted water till they taste done (bay scallops take only 1 minute or possibly less; sea scallops 3 to 5 min). Cut sea scallops into quarters; leave bay scallops whole. Moisten with 2 Tbsp. of the Herb Vinaigrette; cover and chill.
- 2. Trim green bean tips. Cook in a large pot of boiling salted water till crisp-tender (5 to 7 min). Drain and plunge into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. When beans are completely cold, drain again. Cut into 1/2-inch pcs.
- 3. In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring 3 c. salted water to a boil. Add in wheat, cover, and remove from heat; let stand 30 min.
- 4. Roast peppers according to directions on Roasting Bell Peppers and Chiles provided below. Peel and dice.
- 5. In a large bowl combine peppers, tomatoes, cabbage, zucchini, green onions, cracked wheat, green beans, and scallops. Add in remaining Herb Vinaigrette; toss with a fork to blend. Cover and chill at least 2 hrs or possibly up to 12 hrs.
- 6. Remove salad from refrigerator 30 min before serving. Wash and dry hearts of butter lettuce. Arrange lettuce leaves on a large serving platter. Spoon cracked wheat mix onto center of platter.
- Herb Vinaigrette: In a bowl combine chile, parsley, mint, cilantro, and vinegar. Whisk to blend; let stand 5 min. Gradually whisk in extra virgin olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Makes about 1-3/4 c.. To remove the papery outer skin of bell peppers and chiles, first blister the skin thoroughly, then let the vegetables steam till cold in a tightly closed bag. Peeled bell peppers are delicious in salads, pasta dishes, and sandwiches; peeled whole chiles can be seeded and stuffed, chopped, or possibly pureed for use in such dishes as salsas, soups, and stews.
- 1. Char peppers over an open gas flame or possibly charcoal fire or possibly under a broiler.
- Turn often till blackened on all sides. Transfer peppers to a paper or possibly plastic bag; close and let steam till cold (15 to 20 min).
- 2. Peel peppers; halve; remove stem and seeds. Lay halves flat and use dull side of a small knife to scrape away any bits of black skin and stray seeds.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 381g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 15||7%|
|Total Fat 1.66g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.25g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.71g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.6g||25%|