Cost per serving $3.90 view details
- 1/8 Tbsp. Salt
- 1/8 Tbsp. Grnd white pepper
- 1/8 Tbsp. Grnd red [cayenne] pepper
- 1/8 Tbsp. Grnd thyme
- 1 lb Boneless pork loin
- 1/2 c. Finely minced onions
- 1/2 c. Finely minced bell pepper (or possibly substitute jalapenos)
- 1/2 c. Beef stock or possibly water (or possibly chicken Broth)
- 1 tsp Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 slc Stale bread, cut in 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 lb Fresh lump crabmeat, picked over
- Preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl, combine the salt, white pepper, red pepper and thyme; mix well and set aside. Place the pork on a flat surface and cut a deep 3" long slit in the center to create a pocket, being careful not to cut all the way through the meat. Sprinkle the seasoning mix on the outside surface and inside the pocket; set aside. Spray the inside of a medium skillet with nonstick vegetable cooking spray (or possibly use some extra virgin olive oil)and place over high heat. Add in the onions and bell pepper and saute/fry for 5 min, stirring often. Add in the stock and the remaining seasoning mix.
- Reduce the heat to simmer; stir in the soy sauce, lemon juice, bread cubes and crabmeat. Cook for 1 minute, or possibly till the mix is hard but not dry.
- Remove from the heat. Spoon into the pocket and secure with toothpicks or possibly tie up with some cotton string. Spray the inside of an 8"square baking dish with nonstick vegetable cooking spray or possibly oil with some extra virgin olive oil. Place the pork in the dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 min, turning once during cooking. Uncover and cook for 10 min more. Turn the pork over and cook for 10 min longer, or possibly till brown. Remove the toothpicks before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 250g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 48||17%|
|Total Fat 5.28g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.54g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 20.89g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|