Cost per serving $3.31 view details
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 6 jumbo shrimp, peeled, tail left on, deveined; butterfly
- 1 oz. (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 fresh artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 oz. brie cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. whole fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 lb. jumbo lump crab meat
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and sautÃ© the shrimp until they are just cooked. Set aside to cool.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil and sautÃ© the yellow onion, artichoke hearts, and garlic over medium heat until the onion becomes limp.
- Sprinkle in the flour and mix well while cooking for a minute more.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine, then add stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for three minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer for another five minutes.
- Take the brie and scrape off and discard the white skin;
- cut cheese into small pieces.
- Add brie to the cream sauce and stir until all of the cheese is melted and mixed well.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, olive oil, and thyme.
- Set aside.
- After the cheese mixture is cool, gently fold in the crab meat, being careful not break up the lumps.
- To assemble, place one shrimp in the center of an oven proof serving dish so that it stands.
- Spoon the crab meat mixture around the shrimp and sprinkle with the bread crumb mixture.
- Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- Arrange the dishes on a large baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for fifteen minutes, or until the crab mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 240g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 229||61%|
|Total Fat 25.97g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 10.16g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.82g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|